Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My "Photography"

I need a place to share my pictures without having to post everything on Facebook so I came up with this blog.  I purchased a new camera back in December.  I went with a Nikon D3100 and I fell in love with the first snap of a picture.  This camera takes outstanding pictures.  I would like to think I have a little bit to do with the end product but this camera takes pictures I've always dreamed of taking. 

Lately I think everyone thinks just because they can take a picture with a camera they are a photographer.  I, on the other hand, do not consider myself to be a photographer.  I have always loved taking pictures.  The name of my blog comes from a nickname I had in middle school.  A good friend of mines little brother and his friend would always sing "Ashley and her Camera" every time they saw me.  Most of the time I did have a camera so it became very fitting.  I have always loved how you can take something you see every day and turn it into something beautiful hanging on the wall. 

For the last 5 years (ugh I cringe at the thought) I have had a very simple point and shoot Panasonic digital camera.  It was really starting to wear out and I knew it was time.  I had been telling my husband for a couple years now that I was going to get one of those fancy camera where you could manually spin the zoom and cost like $500.  We had talked and talked but I had never done any research.  Finally in December I was done.  I wanted one and I started researching.  I probably spent 2 entire days reading reviews and comparisons on every website I could find.  I finally decided on the Nikon D3100.  With my inexperience in DSLR cameras I don't think it would have matter what I purchased but boy am I glad I purchased the one I did.  I still haven't figured out how to use the camera off normal mode but I am already in LOVE with the pictures and the quality.

The first pictures I took with the camera with pictures of the animals.  I have never been able to get good pictures of them without their eyes looking funny or the picture being blurry from movement.  Here are some of the first pictures I took.  I love that I can see every detail of their faces.  




I have more of a passion for photographing still life.  I love barns and outdoor features.  Could be because they don't move and I can keep taking a picture until I get it right.  I have already done to outings since I got the camera and I am planning on doing lots more.  You will hopefully see new posts after every outing and I'm thinking of doing a picture of the day type post.  I did also purchase Photoshop Elements and have been having fun editing the photos.  I hope you enjoy what's to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment